What Is Botox?
Botulinum toxin, commonly known as ‘Botox,’ is an injectable medication used in cosmetic and medical industries to treat several health conditions. Botox treats medical issues such as chronic migraine and reduces neck spasms, excessive underarm sweating, and overactive bladder. Additionally, cosmetic Botox is known for being the most effective with skin smoothing, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. You will notice changes in your skin post Botox treatment, visible results can be seen after two to three weeks. Botox typically lasts from 4 to 6 months.
Does Repeated Use of Botox Affect Duration?
Repeated use of Botox directly affects the duration. If Botox treatment is performed regularly, then the results of the treatment last for a longer period than usual. The reason behind this is that Botox paralyzes the muscles, in which you won’t be able to use this muscle. With time, these muscles get smaller and shorter. Therefore, fewer Botox treatments will give you the same results. Botox is often combined with dermal fillers for improved and long-lasting results.
How Frequently Can You Get Botox?
Botox generally lasts for 3-4 months. The effective range is generally shorter for first-time patients. They may notice the fade-in effects of Botox for the first time, and the results will last long after a second Botox treatment. You will notice that it is time to schedule a visit to your physician. Dr. Sagar Verma at Lifestyle Physician discusses and evaluates with each patient so people know what they can expect from their treatments.
How to Prevent New Wrinkles with Botox
You can prevent wrinkles by following these steps:
- Always Wear Sunscreen: Use sunscreen with SPF 30 whenever your skin is exposed to the sun. This will protect your Botox-treated skin.
- Stay Hydrated: Hydration is important for healthy and wrinkle-free skin.
- Use Moisturizer: Moisturize your skin with a suitable moisturizer for your skin type.
- Use Mild and Gentle Skin Cleansers: Mild and gentle skin cleansers remove dirt and dead skin cells without damaging your skin cells. They protect the skin and prevent wrinkles.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: The food you eat can affect your skin. The leafy green is rich in vitamin A, an antioxidant that promotes healthy skin turnover.
If you are looking forward to undergoing Botox treatment, you should schedule an appointment with Dr. Sagar Verma at Lifestyle Physicians Aesthetics. He has received additional training and the required certifications to administer Botox. We offer detailed attention to our patient’s health and lifestyle priorities while using state-of-the-art practices and technologies to enhance your skincare needs. Contact us to get an answer to your related queries.
How the P-Shot for Men Can Help with Erectile Dysfunction